A warm welcome to SEAnet 2019
Welcome to the 47th edition of the SEAnet convention, a gathering of old friends, a time of celebration and a meeting of minds.
This year, in 2019, the convention will be held at Johor Bahru, (JB) the southernmost city of mainland Malaysia, bordering Singapore.
The convention will be held at the Lotus Desaru Beach Resort and Spa at the Kota Tinggi state, about 74 Kms distance from JB town, on the eastern seafront of Malaysia. It takes about one hour drive reach the resort from JB town. The Lotus Desaru is known as "The resort for all seasons" is an oceanfron property and is looking down on 22Kms of pristine sandy beaches, fringed with palm trees.
Deasu means "Village of causarinas" or palms. It has the glistening waves of the ocean on one side and unspoilt jungle on the other.
As usual, the convention will be held for 3 nights and 4 days between the 14th and 17th of November 2019.
The underlying reason for the SEAnet convention this year, as it is every year is to get together with old friends and to share a multivultural and multiracial meeting with a open mind.
To this end, we have provided for a good environment, good food and good friends. The programme for the convention will be fixed in dye time and will be update here and by e-Mail to the registered delegates.
The registration fees per delegate will be USD500 per delegate and USD250 per young adult, under the age of 12.
Bank account details for transfer of delegate fees:
Account name : Seanet 2019 – K.N. Singh
Account Number 3212633007
Public Bank, Taman Molek Branch
Johor Bahru, Malaysia
Swift code PBBMYKL
To register yourself, kindly register yourself online on this website and pay the delegate fees either by bank transfer or by Pal Pal. As is the norm, all bank charges either in the originating country or in Malaysia will have to be borne by the delegate
To reach Lotus Desaru Beach Resort and Spa from Changi Airport, Singapore.
- A minivan can be arrange for groups of 4 people or less. The charges will be approximately RM450 to RM500, which will be payable by the delegates, as it is not bundled with the delegate fees.
- Please however note that many nationalities will require a Visa for Singapore and a Visa for Malaysia seperately. Please check on your country's Visa requirement for Singapore and Malaysia, on their respective websites.
- For information about the Malaysian Visa, log on to:
- For information about the Singapore Visa, log on to:
To reach Lotus Desaru Beach Resort and Spa from Senai Airport, JB
- There are buses from the Senai airport to Lotus Desaru. The cost today is about RM50 per person. Private cars will cost about RM250 for a group of 4 people with less luggage.
Attractions of Johor Bahru, (JB)
Main among them are:
1. The Royal Abu Bakar Museum, Johor Bahru
2. Many water parks in Johor Bahru
4. Kota Tinggi Waterfalls
Apart from these, Johor Bahru city is a veritable Shopping Paradise, with prices being very low compared to neighbouring Singapore.